Graaf One operates AML & KYC policies compliant with Canadian PCMLTFA regulation.
Chief Compliance Officer
Graaf One has an active and appointed compliance officer to ensure we remain compliant with FINTRAC guidelines and PCMLTFA regulations. The Chief Compliance Officer is the primary point of contact for any such inquiries.
Staff are trained to and abide by our compliance program which means monitoring existing accounts for suspicious activities including but not limited to money laundering, terrorist financing and engagement or attempted engagement in other illicit activities.
Graaf One is obligated to file Suspicious Transaction Reports, Attempted Suspicious Transaction Reports and Terrorist Property reports in accordance with Canadian regulation. Under FINTRAC guidelines, no notification may be made to the person or entity suspected when a report is submitted.
Identity & Verification
Identifying and verifying users of our services is required and use of a third party without explicit disclosure and approval is prohibited. Graaf may require additional information to verify identity.
In most cases, identity needs to be verified using either:
- Single Process Method, where a user must present valid government photo id with a matching address, date of birth and name to the account.
- Dual Process Method, where a user will be required to provide several valid, reliable and trustworthy unaltered documents identification as an alternative to the single process method. Graaf reserves the right to request additional documents at their discretion to ascertain and verify the user’s identity.
Corporations and Entities
Documents required for corporate identification include but are not limited to:
- Certificate of Corporate Status and Incorporation
- Annual Report and/or Government Assessment documentation
- Proof of Address
- Shareholder structure and identities of any shareholders who hold 25% or more shares of any class
- Identification of all other beneficiaries including but not limited to owners, directors and officers
- Verification that the account holder holds the necessary binding authority to act on behalf of the entity
Communication pertinent to services rendered or requested, as well as inquiries is stored and required to meet compliance standards. This includes but is not limited to email, chat and notes of other interactions.
Personal information related to verification is required and is stored in accordance to the compliance program.
Notification of Changes
Graaf One reserves the right to make changes to the compliance program.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy please contact email@example.com.